- 2019 MATHS RECOVERY INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
- Teaching Number in the Classroom for 4- to 8-year-olds
- Developing Number Knowledge Assessment, Teaching and Intervention with 7-11 year olds
- Maths Recovery Intervention Specialist Course
- Virtual Workshops for Classroom Teachers
- Follow on Virtual Workshop Tens and Ones and Multiplication and Division
Teaching Number: Advancing Children’s Skills and Strategies
This fully revised edition provides a structured approach to the teaching of early numeracy, which has been extensively developed through the mathematics Recovery programme and associated projects in Australia, the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada.
Teaching Number, 2nd Edition lets teachers identify where their students are in terms of number skills, and sets out a strategy for developing their knowledge.
Each chapter has clearly defined teaching procedures which show how to take the children onto the next more sophisticated stage. The teaching procedures are organized into key teaching topics, and each includes:
- a clearly defined purpose
- detailed instructions, activities, learning tasks and reinforcing games
- lists of responses which children may make
- application in whole class, small group and individualised settings
- a link to the Learning Framework in Number (see Early Numeracy- second edition, 2005)
- how the guiding principles for teaching can be used to allow teachers to evaluate and reflect upon their practice
This book is essential for primary teachers, especially of the early years, mathematics co-ordinators, heads of school, mathematics advisers, special educationalists, learning support personnel, teacher assistants, lecturers in initial teacher training and educational psychologists.
Online resources available: https://study.sagepub.com/wrighttn2e