- 2019 MATHS RECOVERY INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
- Teaching Number in the Classroom for 4- to 8-year-olds
- Developing Number Knowledge Assessment, Teaching and Intervention with 7-11 year olds
- Maths Recovery Intervention Specialist Course
- Virtual Workshops for Classroom Teachers
- Follow on Virtual Workshop Tens and Ones and Multiplication and Division
Developing Fractions Knowledge
Following the great success of the earlier books, this fifth book in the Mathematics Recovery series provides a detailed and comprehensive guide to classroom and intervention teaching of fractions.
Supporting and understanding your students’ fractional knowledge is crucial to their overall grasp of numbers and mathematics. By centralizing around three key stages of development, this effective guide will help you to assess your students’ understanding of fractions and modify your teaching accordingly.
These key stages are identified as:
- Stage 1a: Fair Sharing
- Stage 1b: Part-Whole
- Stage 2a: Disembedding and Iterating
- Stage 2b: Measuring with Unit Fractions
- Stage 2c: Reversing Fractions
- Stage 3a: Fractions as Numbers
- Stage 3b: Operating with Fractions
This book will be a useful guide for all primary classroom teachers and assistants, including experienced Mathematics Recovery instructors.