- 2019 MATHS RECOVERY INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
- Teaching Number in the Classroom for 4- to 8-year-olds
- Developing Number Knowledge Assessment, Teaching and Intervention with 7-11 year olds
- Maths Recovery Intervention Specialist Course
- Follow on Virtual Workshop Tens and Ones and Multiplication and Division
- Virtual Workshops for Classroom Teachers
Roy is now retired from full-time teaching after a career in which he taught maths to pupils from each of the first four key stages. In addition to this he has written and delivered primary maths courses for parents of children attending schools in St Helens, the town where he had previously served as headteacher of one of the primary schools. For a number of years he was employed by the QCA as a question writer for the KS2 Sats, and a marker for the Sats at KS3 level. He has also tutored individual students for the exams in pure and applied maths, and statistics, at A-level.
Roy has been an active member of the Association of Teachers of Mathematics for more than thirty years, being a regular participant at their annual conference. He holds a degree in mathematics, awarded after study with the Open University and, more recently, became an NCETM Professional Development Accredited Lead. Prior to this he had gained a DASE in mathematics, awarded with distinction.
He has been involved in the work of Maths Recovery for the past seven years and is a keen advocate of its principles and methodology.