- 2019 MATHS RECOVERY INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
- Teaching Number in the Classroom for 4- to 8-year-olds
- Developing Number Knowledge Assessment, Teaching and Intervention with 7-11 year olds
- Maths Recovery Intervention Specialist Course
- Follow on Virtual Workshop Tens and Ones and Multiplication and Division
- Virtual Workshops for Classroom Teachers
Catherine graduated from Liverpool Hope Teacher training college, UK with a B. ED (Hons) degree and recently gained a Post Graduate Certificate and Diploma in Dyscalculia from Edge Hill University.
Catherine taught in mainstream primary where for many years she was the SENCo & Inclusion Manager. She gained teacher accreditation in Maths Recovery and has applied this to individual, small group and whole class lessons in both primary and secondary settings before becoming a national and international trainer for the Maths Recovery Council.
Catherine’s current role is an advisory teacher in Wigan Local Authority where she advises on the teaching of Mathematics for the Targeted Education Support Services (a bought in service for all schools to support pupils with Learning & SEMH difficulties). Catherine plans and delivers training courses for teachers and teaching assistants in schools across the Borough of Wigan as well as developing projects to use Maths Recovery more widely in schools.
Catherine has been an active member of the Maths Recovery Council UK since 2008 and is a trustee. She has been involved in organising and presenting at Maths Recovery Conferences in the UK.